Sunday 27 November 2011

Ensign Kennedy (1st Royal Scots) Waterloo 1815



On a recent trip to Edinburgh Castle with my family I spent a little time in the 1st Royal Scots Museum within the castle itself and came across the story of Ensign Kennedy. It's a great story and had me thinking about recreating it in miniature using some spares from the Victrix box set.
For anyone in or around Edinburgh or visiting the city there are two great museums that have a Waterloo connection, in addition to the Royal Scots there is another Ensign celebrated in the Scots Grays Museum which includes the eagle captured at Waterloo by Sargent Charles Ewart well worth a look for anyone with an interest in the period.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I came across your site and wasn’t able to get an email address to contact you. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me.

    Thanks!

    Joel Houston
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete