Tuesday 29 November 2011

French 2nd Dragoons






I had bought these with an eye on converting them to lancers but thought better of it after a test figure. I have already painted the 7th Dragoons, so I thought it would be cool to do the 1st Brigade of the 11th cavalry division at Waterloo, giving me an excuse to buy the metal commanders from Perry!

I have ended up with a few dismounted dragoons and i thought it would be good to have some active poses including a command group. I had some spare kneeling down troops from the Victrix French set and with a little trimming and some green stuff i managed to get some dragoons kneeling. Which in turn left me with some legs which allowed me to use left overs from the set to add some more dismounted dragoons!

6 comments:

  1. Really nice figures,
    I just bought these for my brothers Christmas present!
    Cheers
    Paul

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those kneeling conversions are great! I have a parts bin full of Victrix bits so I'll have to try that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love those! Especially the conversions. Idea... nicked. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much, all i need now are those horses to make those horse holders . . . a night on the web beckons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice idea with the kneeling dragoons. Consider that idea borrowed.

    ReplyDelete